A friend of mine has a motto "Appearence is everything". If this component marketplace also get a reasonably sexy frontend it could be a real winner. We have developed a kind of "Theme marketplace" for our photo album software but since we are tech guys we suitably named it "Skin repository" http://jalbum.net/skins

It has been a HUGE success and it's dead easy to install new skins for the end users. We as developers are of course more advanced users and could just as easy do a cvs/svn checkout. But it's not as easy and available, and even developers are as lazy (and not to mention busy) as everyone else. I for one would love to browse this component marketplace and checkout demos of fancy stuff!

// Daniel Frisk
jalbum.net

On 2008-06-19, at 10:17, Jonathan Locke wrote:

this sort of "marketplace" might give JSF's claim to have lots of prefab components a real run for the money... i think with some effort, we could do
this in a few weeks...

Jonathan Locke wrote:

was thinking the same thing and would be the icing on the cake. website never shuts down... crawler adds components and the demos just appear on
the site automagically via OSGi.
mebbe we need cheeser's transparent OSGi first though?