On Sat, 21 Jun 2008, Martin Makundi wrote:
> The problem is, that even though I re-use the textField, it does not
> know its convertedInput (probably because the form has not actually
> been submitted?) and it resets itself to its original state. I would
> like it to keep its state as it was when the new dropdown value was
> selected.

Have you tried AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior?

When you repaint something via Ajax, the whole HTML of the
repainted components comes from the server, so you will lose
whatever information was not submitted to server.

The easiest case is when you can submit always and save the
data when there are no errors. But if your requirements are
more complicated, you might need to do some hacks in onSubmit
or onError.

Best wishes,
Timo

--