I ended up commenting loads of code and it turns out my Ajax link will quit
responding if it has something else after itself in the form. I got rid of
all the textfields that followed, and I got it to work. The troublesome
component is actually the ajax link, plus a textfield to input data, plus a
listview displaying that data (the ajax link updates the object and the
listview)

Thanks,

Ezequiel