On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, nate roe wrote:
> I'm now using Wicket 1.3.3 but I'm still seeing this behavior, where when my
> ListView is visited (from Form.loadPersistentFormComponentValues(),) my
> listView's children is null when it is visited in
> FormComponent.visitFormComponentsPostOrderHelper().
>
> It is difficult to understand why the ListView has no children at this
> point, or how to make sure that it has children.

And what calls Form.loadPersistentFormComponentValues? Is it
this

  Page.renderPage
      Page.setFormComponentValuesFromCookies

?

If that's the case, it seems to me that it is done in
Page.renderPage clearly before render, and thus before
Component.beforeRender gets called for the components, and
this might explain why your ListView does not have its
children yet (if they are created by
AbstractRepeater.onBeforeRender() which in turn calls
ListView.onPopulate()).

A quickstart would be a great help in investigating the
issue. And if I understand correctly, this might be a bug /
missing feature that's worth a Jira issue also (preferably
with the quickstart attached).

Best wishes,
Timo

--