which version of netbeans are you using. I use NB6.1 and with a standard
netbeans web project all you have to do is recompile your web project and
right-click on project and then Run. It will deploy your changes alright.
Only that after a while, tomcat will give you perm-gen error which will
force you to terminate the tomcat instance using Task Manager manually
before netbeans can continue managing tomcat