When I deploy a new version of a Wicket application without restarting
Tomcat, the new version is not fully used. Java changes are applied
immediately, but html changes are not applied before I restart Tomcat.

I have tried inserting getMarkupSettings().getMarkupCache().clear(); in the
init() method of the application, but with no luck. I've also tried stopping
the application, clearing the work directory in Tomcat and then starting the
application again, but still no luck.

I'm using Tomcat 5.5.26 and Wicket 1.3.4.

Why is html changes not applied unless I restart Tomcat? Could it have
something to do with Tomcat caching or class loading?