Hi Igor!

Igor Vaynberg schrieb:
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Korbinian Bachl - privat
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Igor & Company!

nice to see your CMS nearly ready! I already had a quick look at it and
there is one thing I'm not quite sure about: Is Brix thougt of giving a
underlying space and then build a wicket-app on it or is it more a way to
extend a existing wicket-app with the features of a CMS?

brix is about cms functionality only, it is not a "higher-level
wicket" application framework.

it embeds in both directions: you can have pure wicket pages living
next to brix-managed cms pages, and you can also have wicket
components living inside brix pages via brix's concept of Tiles.

Sounds very good - can you also have brix-"pages" living in a wicket-page? (some kind of embedded part)

I mean, lets say you 2 things:

1. you want to build a new pet-shop (or cheese-shop in case of Eelco and
Martinj ;) - would you start by using brix and put the rest on top of it?

does your cheese shop require any cms functionality?

its a special existing-just-to-ask-such-dumb-questions-one - so yes ;)

if you need an
admin to be able to change markup for your cheese shop pages via a cms
or add new pages to the website via a cms then i would build the
ecommerce part as a set of tiles and drop them into brix pages. this
is, indeed, the primary usecase for brix as my company is using it to
build ecommerce sites.

cool - sounds very interesting; I will definitely dig in.

2. you already have a pet-shop based on wicket but want to extend it with
some informational area - could you just embed brix into it or would this
mean some bigger changes to the rest of the pet-shop?

you can pretty much just drop brix in and map it to a subset of url space.

sounds very impressive - its hard to believe that Brix offers so much flexibility, so im quite impressed by now. Thanks for your fast response Igor!

Best,

Korbinian

-igor

Best,

Korbinian

Igor Vaynberg schrieb:
we have released Brix 1.0 beta1 [1] yesterday. for those of you who do
not know what Brix is, it is an embeddable CMS for wicket apps based
on wicket (of course) and the jcr (jackrabbit). Brix is pretty much
feature-complete for 1.0, next we are going to focus on stabilizing it
for the 1.0 release. feel free to have a look, we are looking for
feedback.

[1] http://brix-cms.googlecode.com

-igor