I think I might be missing something here. I assume you don't create your
components in the parent's constructor right? Or you call a different super
constructor perhaps? Because java executes the parent constructor before
calling a subclass constructor and for what I've seen so far in the
examples, the components are usually created and added in the constructor,
so you would have created your components and models before getting to the
subclass initialization.