Do you have any form validation going on? If yes implement the onError
method on the ajax button. Example:

form.add(new AjaxButton("order") {
            @Override
            protected void onError(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form form) {
                //Ops we got some errors, show them in a feedback panel
                target.addComponent(feedbackPanel);
            }

            @Override
            protected void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form form) {
                //Do whatever you need here :)
                setResponsePage(Index.class);
            }
        }.setOutputMarkupId(true));