I'm sure there are plenty of free materiel on the internet. But my personal
experience is that to get a hold on a new framework (which you absolutely
nothing a about) a good book is the best way to go, as all the information
is all there concisely in one place only. The internet I reserve for more
advanced and/or specific points since the information tends to be spread.

That being said, Wicket in Action (book) is doing good for me. You can have
access to it through manning early access program. Just type in Wicket in
Action in google.

Cheers,
Daniel