How are you configuring Spring within Wicket?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the transactional weaving that you are
trying to advise will only work if Spring can see them in its object
factory (i.e. constructed within spring) - which I suspect is the
case. Perhaps having spring managed service beans and proxy those in
wicket using the @SpringBean annotations.

Cheers,
JP.