I'm just curious what everyone is using for transaction management.  I have
been working with Wicket for a while now (and loving it) on a pet project
that also uses Hibernate and Guice.
I'm realizing now that I might need/want transactional support for a couple
parts of my app.

I don't have any experience with Spring or Java EE or EJB, but have been
avoiding Spring because of what I have read and seen online with so much
XML-coding.  Is it possible to use spring transaction module by itself and
without too much XML?  I'd really appreciate hearing what y'all are you guys
using for your transactional needs.

Also is it possible to run a Wicket-based project inside a JEE container
like Glassfish or JBoss AS directly to take advantage of EJB & JTA,
or would that require something like Seam + wicket-seam integration?

If anyone has recommendations on where to get started with transactions,
that would be great too.

Thanks!