You mean you want Wicket to serve up files from outside of your webapp
directory?  We do that at work with images.  I just created a special
image resource class that basically just streams back the file
contents from the disk.  Try something like this:

public class FileImageResource extends DynamicImageResource
{
    private final String path;

    public FileImageResource( File file, String format )
    {
        super(format);
        this.path = file.getAbsolutePath();
        setCacheable(true);
        setLastModifiedTime(Time.valueOf(file.lastModified()));
    }

    protected byte[] getImageData()
    {
        return FileUtils.getFileContents(new File(path));