Also just found this in StringResourceModel javadoc... So I guess you can
certainly do what I mentioned earlier.

 * <li>parameters - The parameters parameter allows an array of objects to
be passed for
 * substitution on the found string resource (see below) using a standard
 * <code>java.text.MessageFormat</code> object. Each parameter may be an
ordinary Object, in which
 * case it will be processed by the standard formatting rules associated
with
 * <code>java.text.MessageFormat</code>. Alternatively, the parameter may be
an instance of
will be applied prior
 * to the parameter being passed to the
<code>java.text.MessageFormat</code>. This allows such
 * features dynamic parameters that are obtained using a
<code>PropertyModel</code> object or even
 * nested string resource models.