thanks for your help,

I tried the code you checked in, but it doesn't work, it still redirects me
to the app relative http url.. this is because in the RedirectRequestTarget
line 93:

response.redirect(redirectUrl);

the response object is of type webResponse, which will not allow you to go
to a non http url (with the exception being if it's https).

I'll see if maybe I can look deeper into this problem, or maybe there is
another way around it?

thanks,

Aaron