On Fri, 05 Sep 2008, Lutz Müller wrote:
> I expected problems, mostly because the enclosing div  (the panels container)
> gets the onchange listener added. but to my surprise, an js event was
> generated when i changed the selected value in one of the select elements,
> and
People who know more about DOM and Javascript have told me
that with some luck, some events get propagated up and/or
down the DOM tree on some browsers, so maybe it was that.

> but both DDCs give me nulls as their convertedInput. They dont have any raw
> input either. Digging a little further i discovered why: ofcourse the
> timePanels, and not the DDCs, inputChanged() and getInputAsArray() methods
> are
> called when the event is triggered. they try to get a value from the request
> via the panels id, which of course results in null.
> Now my question is: Is there a best practice for what i try to achieve?  Or
> is

I think that you need a behavior that submits all the
components of the form, such as AjaxFormSubmittingBehavior
or AjaxFormValidatingBehavior. You can at least look at them
for inspiration and implementation ideas.

Best wishes,
Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho