Thanx for your reply!
I sort of solved it using the formcomponentpanel. But I'm not sure I'm doing
it in the most elegant way..
I have a:

public class CustomValidator extends AbstractValidator {
   .
   .
   .
   protected void onValidate(IValidatable iValidatable){

I have attached that validator to my FormComponentPanel..
How do I access the TExtFields, that are on the FormComponentPanel, from
within the onValidate method?