I guess I am used to the jsp:include method of including panel type objects since I am originally a JSP developer and then anything in the panel instantly has access to the variables defined in the surrounding parent.

I guess I could pass along a HashMap of data to the Panel when its constructed, is this possible/recommended?

cheers,
Steve