The default java.util.Date converter within Wicket has varied between
releases.  I suggest adding this to the init method of your application
class and controlling the date format yourself if you need a specific
format:

        ((ConverterLocator) getConverterLocator()).set(Date.class, new
IConverter<Date>() {
            private final DateFormat mFormat = new
SimpleDateFormat("MM/dd/yy hh:mm:ss.SSS");
            public Date convertToObject(String value, Locale locale) {
                try {
                    return mFormat.parse(value);
                } catch (ParseException e) {
                    e.printStackTrace();
                }
                return null;
            }

            public String convertToString(Date value, Locale locale) {
                return mFormat.format(value);
            }

        });

--