Hello Edmund.
Nice to have someone in the same timezone!
Thanks for your reply. I'll try to set the modelobject member in the LDM to
transient and see if it solves the serializing exception(even if you don't
recommend it). Just want to try it out.

If I understand you correctly you only keep a serialized identifier as a
member in the subclass of the LDM and then use the load method to populate
the modelobject. Have you been working with the SortableDataProvider?
Because I still have not figured out how one should combine the above
discussed LDM load method with the iterator method in the SDP. Do you call
the database in the LDM load method to get the data for the model. If so, do
you also call the database in the SDP.iterator method to get the data
collection for the current page? Because it seems to me that in that case
I'm getting the modelobject data twice from the database.

Jens Alenius