I thought that as well, but turns out in that case
MyFormComponent.getModelObject() returns MyPojo, and NOT MyProperty. That
presents two problems:
-MyFormComponent does not really need to know of MyPojo to begin with (what
if MyProperty is obtained some other way)
-in MyFormComponent.convertInput, I need to eventually
setConvertedInput(MyProperty), and in onBeforeRender the corollary
getModelObject.

-----