We use DateTime/LocalDate in our entities as well. It's easy enough to roll
your own form components.

See the patch and zip file attached to this issue, you can probably just put
those classes in your own project and run with it.

The patch is meant to handle java.util.Date, and Joda DateTime and LocalDate
all at the same time. Now that Wicket FormComponents are generic though, I
think it's better to just have separate FormComponents and Converters for
each class.