Thanks for your answer. I think overriding the setHeaders will end up with the same result as with adding the filename through the constructor of DynamicWebResource but I'll try it in some minutes.

We're using Liferay as the portal.

Rob

Serkan Camurcuoglu wrote:
For the DynamicWebResource case, doesn't overriding setHeaders() in
DynamicWebResource and adding your http header in this method work?

By the way, which portlet container are you working with?

Rob Sonke wrote:
Hi,

We're using wicket for our portlets now for almost 3/4 year and it's great. We're following/try to help with the full implementation of jsr 286 in wicket too (Thijs and me, see other threads). But I'm having a problem now with offering files through a portlet. There are actually two options, use the resource phase of jsr286 or use a separate download servlet. First option rocks, second option not (if option 1 won't work, I'll have to deal with it but I prefer not).

So I'm trying to serve a file through the portlet based on a wicket link. A normal link would end up in a actionResponse which will not allow you to touch the resourcestream (returning null as the portlet specs describe). An ajax link (which uses the resource phase) will end up with a lot of binary code in the ajax xml output which will, of course, not work.

I tried also adding a DynamicWebResource to a wicket ResourceLink, which works actually pretty good except that he's not communicating the filename to the brower by setting a header. I tried adding a header to the ResourceResponse but that one was not passed to the client too (maybe I did that wrong).

Could anyone point me in the right direction or could tell me what I'm doing wrong over here?

Regards,
Rob