OK forget that I just tried disabling cookies on the browser and it worked
OK.

So now I would really like to try just adding the sesion id to the link URL,
can I do this by manipulating the webmarkupcontainer? do you think it would
work if i am mixing cookie and url session tracking?

I tried adding a valuemap to the resourcelink but it then wants a shared
resourcereference rather than a resource and I'm not sure thats the route to
go down as that would add a parameter after the '?' and i think I need it
before, here is the markup generated with cookies disabled in the browser

;jsessionid=E47FF1C037EFEAA8BC6408308A5270DA?wicket:interface=:0:messagelistrow:1:playmessagelink::IResourceListener::
Unknown

Below is the code that creates the list of links, (the VxsWASMessageResource
extends DynamicWebResource that returns a stream in the getResourceState)

                                VxsMessageIterator iter = pageList.iterator();
                                RepeatingView rv = new
RepeatingView("messagelistrow");
                                add(rv);

                                int count = 0;
                                do {
                                        VxsVoiceMessage message =
(VxsVoiceMessage)iter.next();

                                        WebMarkupContainer parent = new
WebMarkupContainer(rv.newChildId());
                                        rv.add(parent);

                                        // Add the resource link
                                        ResourceLink link = new
ResourceLink("playmessagelink", new
VxsWASMessageResource(pageList.indexOf(message)));
                                        parent.add(link);
                                        link.add(new Label("fromlabel",
message.getFromAddress().getPersonal()));

                                        count++;

                                } while (iter.hasNext() && count < 6);

Any ideas how to get the session id in there?