you would map one page to handle this with IndexedUrlCodingStrategy on
www.oursite.tld/products/

this page will have a constructor that takes a PageParameters object.

from there you can do

string cat=parameters.get("0");
string id=parameters.get("1");
string desc=paramters.get("2");

on the other hand it is interesting how amazon doesnt think that short
and concise urls affect their seo with urls like:

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-TS8GJFV10-JetFlash-Flash-Drive/dp/B000M4XMGI/ref=xs_gb_bd_AsdvP7FAall-?%255Fencoding=UTF8&pf_rd_p=441937801&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0JKDZNDV01P8F1Q5H366

-igor