yes, the code works except some serialization errors..

Alan Romaniusc wrote:
I can see no problem in your code. Maybe something else?

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 12:29 PM, ds26680 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am new to creating web applications with Wicket and I am struggling with
getting a CheckBox to set a boolean variable in my domain object using a
PropertyModel.

I have had a good search around on the web for examples and I think the code
bellow should work just fine. However when I click the submit button on my
form (after checking the checkbox), the domain model is not updated and the
print line in the onSubmit method always returns false.

I have watched this code in the debugger and the setSelected method (in
domain class) never gets called.  Does anyone have an idea why the code
bellow should not work?

I have created the following Java code for the view:-

   public HomePage() {

       MyForm form = new MyForm("form");
       add(form);
   }

   private class MyForm extends Form {

       private CheckBoxModel checkBoxModel = new CheckBoxModel();

       public MyForm(String s) {
           super(s);

           CheckBox myCheckBox = new CheckBox("selected",
                   new PropertyModel(checkBoxModel, "selected"));
           add(myCheckBox);
       }

       protected void onSubmit() {
           boolean bool = checkBoxModel.getSelected();

           // I expect this to print true when check box has been clicked
           System.out.println(bool);

My domain class is as follows:-

  public class CheckBoxModel {

       private boolean selected;

       public boolean getSelected() {
            return selected;
       }

       public void setSelected(boolean selected) {
            this.selected = selected;
       }

       public String toString() {
            return String.valueOf(selected);