I'm hoping to find a working example of a remember-me type login. I don't
mean that the username is stored in a cookie, but rather the user doesn't
need to go to a login page as they are authenticated through cookies
immediately.

I have struggled to try and piece together the code from this example:
http://swik.net/User:go4info/go4blog/wicket,+acegi+and+remember+me+authentication/bmcu1
Wicket-Remember-Me-Authentication

But i have never been able to put the fragments together to make a working
demo. Acegi and Auth Roles is the way I am currently authenticating, but I
am willing to drop the entire combo if there is an easier way. It also
worries me a little that every url is filtered through acegi when they don't
all need to be, but thats a different discussion altogether.

So if anyone has accomplished this, or knows of a place with more
information I would greatly appreciate it.