I don't know on the Wicket wiki... but when I have to use such things I
always look into the "existing wicket code". A quick search on my IDE leads
me to this the class org.wicketstuff.yui.markup.html.slider.Slider where a
text template is used to populate the init.js file... Hope this helps...
Best,

Ernesto