Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately we cannot do this here, because the ListViews contain Link components for user interaction.

Actually I was wondering why it is necessary to keep all of the list items in the session when the next time the page is rendered the list items are regenerated according to the underlying model of the ListView. The first thing I tried was removing all list items after the page was rendered - which I am not allowed. Then, after I studied the wicket sources, I tried a weird hack and wrote a replacement for ListView which added the list items as "auto components". This worked, but unfortunately the links did not work anymore, because there were no link components on the page left ...

Ralf.

Igor Vaynberg wrote:

if you are planning on displaying 1000 rows per page, which is quiet
uncommon for webapps, you should produce output as raw html instead of
using listview and adding components inside.

-igor