Yes, since the anon-inner class introduces a link between the two.

modify the isVisible() to:

return ((Recommendation)recommendationModel.getObject()).getSupplier() == null;

or rather, implement a method "Recommendation
getCurrentRecommendation() { return
((Recommendation)recommendationModel.getObject());}

and use that instead.

Martijn

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 10:52 AM, jhp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In that place, it compiles without it, but I have another class that has
> something like this:
> final Recommendation currentRecommendation = (Recommendation)
> recommendationModel.getObject();
> .
> .
> .
> add(new Label("usersChoice", getUsersChoiceString(name.getFirstname())) {
>        @Override
>        public boolean isVisible() {
>              return currentRecommendation.getSupplier() != null;
>        }
> });
>
> And it doesn't compile without final. so does that mean that this is the
> place which forces the recommendation object to be stored in the session? If
> so, I have to admit that I missed it entirely.
>
> Jukka
>

> Johan Compagner wrote:
>>
>> if you make this:
>>
>>  final Recommendation recommendation = (Recommendation)
>> item.getModelObject();
>>
>> not final does it compile?
>>
>> If it doesnt then you have a leak
>>
>> johan