In the current trunk,  it's reverted back
to container.style.zIndex=(Number(index)!=Number.NaN?Number(index)+1:index);
 and
it works,
but its working because some thing else is broken

when the value of  index ='auto';
the expression  (Number(index)!=Number.NaN?Number(index)+1:index);  return
NaN,
this looks wrong to me it should be returning 'auto'

for example if you run the following line in javascript console in firebug
you will get NaN
var index ='auto';(Number(index)!=Number.NaN?Number(index)+1:index)
if you run Number(index) it return NaN

but Number(index)!=Number.NaN yields true (looks wrong to me)

just my 2 cents

Cheers
Dipu

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Jeremy Thomerson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]