Here is how I solved  the problem.

I extended AjaxSelfUpdatingTimerBehavior and overrid onPostProcessTarget().
inside method I replace the  table wicket  ( because the DefaultDataTable
does not seem able to dynamically add column);
I created a borderwicket  containing the table, added the timer
to it  and, by miracle, it Works!!! :jumping:
Up to now the  wicket library seems to me very good, but it's very hard
for a beginner to figure out what the methods do.

Marino