Adrian, is not a strange question, I've implemented it and works very well.

And in some use cases is a perfect choice.

In my implementation I use  a FopPage that declares page#getmarkuptype() {
return "fop"}

The nice thing is that all panel added in that page will look for an
associated markup will a suffix ".fop" (instead of .html).

This means that you can have a panel implementing a common business logic
with two "skins", one html and one fop.

When used in html page it will use the HTML panel and when added in the FOP
page will produce the FOP markup.

Paolo