Thorsten,

Wicket's Border component has associated markup so it may not be what it
sounds like you're looking for.
If all you need is a rectangular border drawn around some widgets, group
them together (maybe in a div), give the grouping a class attribute and
apply a CSS style, eg

.myGroupedWidgets {border: thin solid #ccc;}

If you need more control/something more dynamic, you can map this grouping
to a WebMarkupContainer and use an attribute modifier.

Of course you could achieve the same effect with a Wicket Border component,
but if all you're doing is wrapping your content in a div, you may not want
the overhead of providing the associated markup file such a border would
require. On the other hand, using a Border would enable you to wrap your
content with much more interesting stuff than just a rectangle!

Does that make sense?

Regards - Cemal
http://www.jWeekend.co.uk jWeekend