I solved similar problem where I had some required TextField components and
an AJAX component which does a AJAX submit. During this AJAX submit I wanted
to prohibit all the form validations. I achieved this by setting the AJAX
components (an autocomplete TextField with custom AJAX behaviour) into its
own nested form... form which is inside another form.

I'm not sure does this solve your problem. I found my solution just by
trying differend solutions and it worked :)