So what exactly happens in this case, your code is not called at all and the current page is redisplayed as is? Anyway if this exception is caught and ignored within wicket code it should be a jira issue, but it may be tomcat who is ignoring the exception as well.. the stack trace gives you enough information to debug wicket & tomcat code if you want to..

Piller Sébastien wrote:
Hi,

thank you for your response. I'm well aware that increasing the post limit size may do the trick, but this looks like a hack. What to do when something else occurs, ie whatever IllegalStateException may be thrown at this part of code?

I guess the best solution will be to change the response code when such a problem occurs.

For the moment, I will increase the post limit to ~ 25MB, but I guess this issue should be solved in another way.

Does anybody may indicate me who is the offender?

Dipu a écrit :
will this be of any help

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/123335/what-causes-java-lang-illegalstateexception-post-too-large-in-tomcat-modjk

regards