Hi James,

Thanks for the example.

I actually already have it running but was just wondering if there is any
other reason than securing static resources, to still configure the
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy in the web.xml. As far
as I can reason by using the wicket-auth-roles Wicket is responsible to
check whether or not someone is signed and not Spring Security. (The check
is implemented in the AuthenticatedWebSession.authenticate(..) that
delegates is to Spring Securities AuthenticationManager. ).
I removed the filter and all still works, but I might be overlooking
something... Any thoughts?

About the example: Beware that in your SpringSecuritySession (
http://svn.carmanconsulting.com/public/wicket-advanced/trunk/src/main/java/com/carmanconsulting/wicket/advanced/web/common/session/SpringSecuritySession.java)
you'll need to catch AuthenticationException. According to the contract the
AuthenticationManager.authenticate throws an AuthenticationException when
login fails (see javadoc of AuthenticationManager.authenticate).

Lars