Well, as far as I can tell, there is nothing special going on in
Wicket that might cause session expiration. Last visited page is
basically a normal session property.

To me this seems more likely to be servlet container / load balancer issue.

-Matej

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 9:21 PM, UPBrandon <bcr...@up.com> wrote:

> The project I work on uses Wicket 1.3.4 and we are using the default session
> store (SecondLevelCacheSessionStore.)
>
> The app is clustered and runs on WebLogic 8 through Apache.  I'm not
> entirely sure how those two are setup but I don't believe there is any
> resource sharing between instances in a cluster.  Instead, when a session is
> started, a WebLogic instance is chosen and all future requests in that
> session are sent to that one instance.  Using that setup, there shouldn't be
> any issues with a user's request going to a machine that doesn't have their
> page map.
>
> The problem is happening during normal "forward" use.  The example that I
> was given was a user taking a few minutes to fill out some information and
> by the time they submit the form, their session appears to have timed out
> and they get a page expired error.  I hope that helps to clarify things a
> bit.
>

> Matej Knopp-2 wrote:
>>
>> couple of questions:
>>
>> -what wicket version are you using?
>> -are you using httpsessionstore or secondlevelcachesessionstore (default)?
>> -what application server/container are you using?
>> -are you running the application in clustered environment? if yes,
>> what kind of load balancing do you have?
>> -do the expirations happen during normal operation or only when using
>> back button (or using application in multiple tabs)
>>
>> -Matej
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 7:47 PM, UPBrandon <bcr...@up.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> In some of our Wicket applications, as the number of users has started to
>>> ramp up, we seem to be experiencing a scalability issue.  Some users have
>>> had problems with pages expiring quickly.  This is second-hand
>>> information
>>> so I can't elaborate much but supposedly, during peak times, pages are
>>> expiring after just a few minutes of inactivity.  It would be nice to be
>>> able to set a minimum retention time but I don't seem to see an option
>>> like
>>> that.  I've found information about how Wicket stores pages and revisions
>>> (http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/page-maps.html) but I haven't been able