you need to wire your events. listpanel can have an abstract onclicked();
editpanel can have a method called inputchanged() which calls form.clearinput()
your listpanel can then look like this:

add(new listpanel() { onclicked() { editpanel.inputchanged(); }}):

that way everything is still nicely encapsulated, but accessible.

-igor