Hello,

I've just started using Wicket and have managed to convince the management
that we should use it for our new project!  However, it's proving more
difficult for me to wrap my head around some of the concepts...yep the
models are one of them!

I have an object that is able to query a data source using a member field
and  then save the results in another member field.

The difficulty i'm having is getting this functionality to the user; I have
tried about 10 different methods so far and abandoned all of them.

Currently I have created a POJO that can talk to a server, query with a
keyword and store the results from the server.  I have also created a
CompoundProperyModel "wrapped" around the query object in my Panel.
i.e.
 this.queryModel = new
CompoundPropertyModel<QueryService>(this.queryService);

Implementing the query keyword was easy.  I created a Form on the panel and
then added a simple Wicket TextField bound to the objects member field via
the queryModel shown above.

The bit i'm struggling with is displaying the results.  I can't seem to use
a List view because the results aren't present when the page first loads up
because there hasn't been a query yet.  I think I need to look at
DataProviders but i'm really not sure.

Basically i'm looking for some pointers to set me off in the right
direction.  I have bought the Wicket in Action book if anybody want's to
point me at a specific section, my first read through didn't turn anything
up.

I feel like my understanding of Wicket is about to click into place but i'm
missing something.  Hopefully any pointers I get on here will help me over
the wall so to speak.

Cheers.