Hi Timm,

I also tried to add my application name in it (like you proposed), but no difference, still doesn't work.

Philipp
http://localhost:5080/j_security_check?j_username=test&j_password=test

Shouldn't there be an application named?

http://localhost:5080/MYAPP/j_security_check?j_username=test&j_password=test

Regards,
Timm

Am Sonntag, 1. Februar 2009 23:03:50 schrieb Philipp Daumke:
Hi all,

I followed the Servlet Container authentication as described in
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/servlet-container-authentication.html,
but I do not get it working.

At the moment I get an error in firefox when invoking the
redirectToSecurityCheck() method:

http://localhost:5080/j_security_check?j_username=test&j_password=test
_The requested resource () is not available.

_I don't even know exactly what "j_security_check" is and don't find too
much on the web. Do I have to configure Tomcat properly?

Below is my full src. MyApp.java and web.xml look like in the example
(see link aboe). Thank you for your help!
Philipp

public final class LoginPage extends WebPage
{
    private String username;
    private String password;
    public LoginPage()
    {
        redirectToSecurityCheck();
        /*if( ( ( MySession )getSession() ).isUserLoggedIn())
        {
            // redirect to hide username and password from URL after
user is logged in
            setRedirect( true );
            setResponsePage( Index.class );
        }
        else
        {
            redirectToSecurityCheck();
        }*/
    }

    /**
     * Common servlet login workaround
     */
    private void redirectToSecurityCheck()
    {
        final Map parametersMap = ( ( WebRequestCycle
)RequestCycle.get()
).getWebRequest().getHttpServletRequest().getParameterMap();
        if( parametersMap.containsKey( "username" ) &&
parametersMap.containsKey( "password" ) )
        {
            // getting parameters from POST request
            final String userName = ( ( String[] )parametersMap.get(
"username" ) )[ 0 ];
            final String userPassword = ( ( String[] )parametersMap.get(
"password" ) )[ 0 ];

            // if POST parameters are ok, redirect them to j_security_check
            if( ( userName != null ) && ( userPassword != null ) )
            {
                getRequestCycle().setRedirect( false );
                getRequestCycle().setRequestTarget(
EmptyRequestTarget.getInstance() );

                getResponse().redirect(
                        "/j_security_check?j_username=" + userName +
"&j_password=" + userPassword );

    public String getUsername() {
        return username;
    }

    public void setUsername(String username) {
        this.username = username;
    }

    public String getPassword() {
        return password;
    }

    public void setPassword(String password) {
        this.password = password;

Averbis GmbH
c/o Klinikum der Albert-Ludwigs-Universität
Stefan-Meier-Strasse 26
D-79104 Freiburg

Fon: +49 (0) 761 - 203 6707
Fax: +49 (0) 761 - 203 6800
E-Mail: dau...@averbis.de

Geschäftsführer: Dr. med. Philipp Daumke, Kornél Markó
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Freiburg i. Br.
AG Freiburg i. Br., HRB 701080