As far as the OS is concerned, the USB stick is just another volume, so you can run it from jetty or any other container stored on the USB stick. The trick is, of course, size, and the fact that the stick can be removed. Another thing to consider is that a java runtime will be required.

I don't know exactly what you are trying to accomplish. I know that vendors early on used automount batch scripts on CD's in order to have java applications begin running when a CD is first inserted. It's been a long time since I've worked in the windows world, but I'd think that this was still possible. You'd need the java runtime on your USB stick. My recommendation would then to start your application running in jetty much like you'd start any java application (see the quickstart project).

I have no predictions on how long it would continue to run if someone should remove the USB stick while the above application is running aside from the fact that it would probably crash with class not found exceptions.

I am also interested in whether people from the list have made experiences with running Wicket on USB sticks?

--
Philip A. Chapman

Desktop, Web Application, and Enterprise Development
Phone: 251-275-6237