I am looking at wicket trying to decide if i would want to use it for my
project.
Currently I am struggling trying to give static and dynamic pages consistent
look with wicket without using sitemesh.  I was able to get wicket
application to direct all static page requests to my wicket StaticPage that
would read the content of a file and add it to the page as MultiLineLabel.
However my problem is that i don't want to add whole html file. I need to
separately. Is there anything in api or any examples i should look at ?

Please see the code below.

in Aplication.java  init()

mount(new URIRequestTargetUrlCodingStrategy("/docs")
        {
            @Override
            public IRequestTarget decode(RequestParameters
requestParameters)
            {
                String path = "/app/" + getURI(requestParameters);
                return new PageRequestTarget(new StaticPage(new
WebExternalResourceRequestTarget(path)));
            }
        });
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in StaicPage.java
public class StaticPage extends BasePage implements AuthenticatedWebPage
{
        public StaticPage(WebExternalResourceRequestTarget staticResource)
        {
                String staticResourceContent = "";
                try {
                        staticResourceContent =

convertStreamToString(staticResource.getResourceStream().getInputStream());
                } catch (ResourceStreamNotFoundException e)
                {
                        // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                        e.printStackTrace();
                }
                add(new MultiLineLabel("staticContent",
staticResourceContent));
Here is what i get in the browser when click on static link:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>
<head>
<title>Insert title here</title>
</head>
this is a test
This is in the footer

Another variation of StaticPage.java i tried was
public class StaticPage extends BasePage implements AuthenticatedWebPage
{
        public StaticPage(WebExternalResourceRequestTarget staticResource)
        {
                MarkupResourceStream markupStream =
                        new
MarkupResourceStream(staticResource.getResourceStream());

                MarkupParser parser = new MarkupParser(markupStream);

                Markup markup = parser.parse();

However I got stuck at this point since i still don't see a way of getting
individual html tags from Markup

thank you in advance,

Vicky