Hi,

I have been sent Russian translations to my default English pages.  Wicket
picks up the _ru.properties bundles correctly but somewhere along the way,
the encoding is not changing from UTF-8.  I gather that the Russian
translated pages will need an encoding of cp1251.

I have tried to force the encoding in the Page template using

protected void configureResponse() {
        super.configureResponse();
        final String encoding = "text/" + getMarkupType() + "; charset=cp1251";
        getResponse().setContentType(encoding);
}

and in the application class

@Override
protected void init() {
        super.init();
        getMarkupSettings().setDefaultMarkupEncoding("cp1251");
}

but still Firefox and IE in Linux and Win show a page encoding of UTF-8.

>From the wiki

http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/how-to-change-the-character-encoding.html

and other mail, it looks like it's a problem outside of Wicket but I was
hoping someone here would know a fix.

You can see the test version at http://imagebank.crystalmark.co.uk

I'm pretty sure my pc's are setup OK because I can see other Russian
websites ok (although I cannot actually read them).

Can anyone point me to what I have missed?

Thanks,
Tim