That seems to be it!

Thanks a lot, Pierre.

Kaspar

On 23.02.2009, at 00:39, Pierre Goupil wrote:

Maybe Quartz is what you want :

http://www.opensymphony.com/quartz/

Regards,

Pierre

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Kaspar Fischer <fisch...@inf.ethz.ch>wrote:

My Wicket app needs to run tasks in the background and I am looking for a Java framework to "persist" tasks in the sense that I can submit a task and the framework would ensure that once submitted (transactions?), the task will be run, even if the server is shut down in between and the task needs
to be restarted. Also, tasks that support cancellation (à la
java.util.concurrent.ExecutorService) should be cancelled when the system
stops. Do you know of anything similar?

Whatever tool I'll end up with I will document the integration with Wicket
on the wiki.

Thanks a lot,
Kaspar

Sans amis était le grand maître des mondes,
Eprouvait manque, ce pour quoi il créa les esprits,
Miroirs bienveillants de sa béatitude.
Mais au vrai, il ne trouva aucun égal,
Du calice du royaume total des âmes
Ecume jusqu'à lui l'infinité.