I should add something about the Eclipse maven plugins... don't go for the official eclipse Q4 plugin... use the "Maven Integration 4 Eclipse" plugin (and actually the development version if your jiggy with it, it works and gets updated/fixed way more often).

If your on Netbeans, I think Maven will generate Netbeans project files for you as well (it will do so for eclipse), so you could actually flip back and forth if you wanted.

- Brill Pappin