I don't think we're talking about the same plugin then (although you seem to be calling it the same thing)...
I'm referring to:

    http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/

It's the *only* one I've found that *actually works* properly, particularly for larger projects... although I run the dev version so I'm not sure how well the released version is working at this moment. Of course I could simply go back to the console and use the maven plugin to generate the eclipse project files, but I find the plugin to be light-years ahead in maintaining a clean build env.

I guess people's experience with various tools also depends a lot on *how* they work not just what they work with :)

- Brill Pappin