Well you can run Tomcat just fine in that setup, but if it's going to need to handle lots of concurrent users and sessions then you might hit the limits quickly. Just run some profiling on it and see how you go. Profile locally and you can see how much your app server/JVM that Wicket is running in is using, then you'll know the resources you need or what to optimise in your Wicket app ;)

cheers,
Steve