In my experience, top vs bottom vs interleaved posting is dependent on the
community.  I searched my gmail archives which have the list back through
around 2006 and found only four threads where someone mentioned top posting
- and most of them had no response.

In my opinion, I appreciate top posting - I read most of my Wicket emails on
my phone.  And scrolling down through long lists on my phone is a pain.
Most of the core committers use gmail - as I do - and there, too, I like top
posting.  I have the whole thread if I need to look back - so just get to
the point at the beginning of the message.

Anyway - the only rule this community typically has with posting is: at
least try to do your research before posting - this is a high-volume list,
and we ask people to search the archives.  Other than that, it's whatever
makes you happy.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com