I'm sorry this isn't directly a Wicket question, but I thought you
guys in here might be able to help :).  What I'm doing is building a
Wicket-based web app, and I would additionally like to offer some data
to other sites/clients in the form of an HTTP-REST API (that responds
to simple GET and POST requests and returns XML and/or JSON).  (It
would be something that works kind of like the Twitter API
http://apiwiki.twitter.com/REST+API+Documentation).

My question is what is the best way to access the objects and classes
that Wicket can see and call methods on from my REST Web Service API.

Do I create a separate servlet running the the same Tomcat Server that
can call somehow objects in the Wicket realm?

Or is there a class I can implement within my Wicket-based app that
can respond to these REST requests?  It would probably be most
feasible for now to have it all integrated into the same app.

I have been working with Wicket for a while, and feel pretty
comfortable with it, but I don't really have any experience working
with servlets, so I'd really appreciate a little guidance on this.

I appreciate the help guys!
Thanks,
Jamie